I m soooooo happy and surprised that i made this jam.I mean making jam at home was never in my dreams,seriously.But after this attempt i m definitely going to make jams more often.Its so easy and no preservatives.
I accidentally happened to see this recipe and it required just three ingredients.Since its strawberry season now i had strawberries in my fridge also.After all we have to make the best use of seasonal fruits,isn't it?;).So more strawberry recipes on the way.
The result was awesome,just awesome,that's it. .Go ahead..make your batch and get surprised by the homemade magic:)
Recipe for strawberry jam
- strawberry - 1 cup
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- lime juice - juice of half lemon
- wash and clean the strawberries and drain
- in a heavy bottom pan smash the strawberries. i used my pestle to crush strawberries
- add in sugar and lime juice
- place on the stove and boil at medium flame for about 20 minutes.
- stir in between and do not cover the pan as it may spill.
- place a spoonful of the mixture on a plate and keep it inside the freezer for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- when taken out and drawn a line it should leave a trail as shown in the pic below.this is the right consistency
- switch off flame and allow it to cool completely before storing in a jar.