This groundnut chutney is a wonderful side dish for idly or dosa.lt needs very few ingredients and less time to make.This chutney is not only yummy but very healthy also since we are adding lot of groundnuts/peanuts in to it.
I was introduced to this delicious chutney by my friend D.She is a wonderful cook.i have felt she has magic in her hands.Anything she prepares is sooo delicious may it be fried rice or biriyani and the list is endless.And her idlys are sooooo soft and fluffy that we all call her "idly"and totally forgotten her actual name.She is a wonderful human being too..Lucky to have some amazing people in my life:))))))...
I got the recipe from her and tried it which came out really well.Thanks a ton D...Now to the recipe...
- Groundnut/peanut -1/2 cup
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Dry red chillies - 2 or 3 soaked
- Shallot - 1 small
- Tamarind - 1 small piece
- oil - 1tsp
- Mustard - 1tsp
- Dry red chilli - 1 or 2
- Curry leaf - 1 spring
HOW TO MAKE
- dry roast the groundnuts till golden brown
- Once it cools down peel the skin and grind it along with all the ingredients to a fine paste by adding little water
- To temper ,heat oil in a pan ,splutter mustards
- Add dry red chillies and curryleaves
- Switch off the stove and pour this in to the chutney.
- Serve with idly dosa or even with rice or chapathi.