I remember reading in an article that potatoes are highly misunderstood vegetable.Despite the popular misconception that potatoes are fattening baked potatoes can be used as a part of helathy diet.Potatoes have high nutritional value.But when its fried it has very high calories. Baked potatoes has this fluffy interiors and crispy skin.The best part is that its baked,not fried.And above all it has equally great taste like that of french fries or potatoe chips.
I am a lover of potatoes.I like potatoes in any form.May it be baked, fried ,cooked or curried...i don't mind adding potatoes in chicken curry or egg curry:).If its baked ,then i would be double happy,guilt free snacking is such a sweet option:).I adapted this recipe from cooklikepriya and gave it a try.It came out so well.My husband was a happy person when i said it was baked and not fried:).My little one already had her share before he came from the office.
Recipe of Potatoe Wedges
- potatoes - 2 large
- water - 3 cup
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- hing - a small pinch
- red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- pepper powder - a small pinch
- wash and clean the potatoes and slice the potatoes into wedges
- boil water along with salt and add the potatoes into it
- boil for 5 minutes and then drain all the water
- now line the boiled potoates in a kitchen towel to get rid of the water content
- meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- marinate the potatoes with red chilly powder,turmeric,hing,oil,salt and pepper powder
- now arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, turning the sides halfway through
- you can use different flavourings like oregano etc
- boiling potatoes will reduce the baking time and also the insides will be baked well without raw taste
- you can prick the potatoes with a fork or knife to allow staem to escape while baking.