Today i am posting my most favourite yet simple chicken dish.yes..chicken 65.I love this starter dish to the core.Its a common street food here in Andhra but said to be originated from Tamil nadu.There are so many different stories for how the name came about.Whatever the true story is lets thank the one who created this wonderful dish:) .Curryleaves and greenchillies are the main ingredients in giving a nice flavour.Sometimes i garnish with sauted garlics slurrrp!!!.spicy juicy yummmm...Every now and then we use to take parcel from the tattukadas here but now i make at home since my daughter too started liking this.I make a lesser spicy version considering my little daughter.Me my husband and daughter simply love this chicken 65.
- chicken (preferably boneless)- 250gm
- ginger garlic paste- 2tsp
- turmeric powder-1/4tsp
- red chilli powder-1tsp
- black pepper powder-1/4tsp
- lime juice-1tbsp
- salt -to taste
- rice flour-1tbsp
- cornflour-2 tbsp
- oil- for frying
- curry leaves -2 or 3 springs
- green chillies - 2 or 3
- mix all the ingredients listed under marination
- keep it in fridge for atleast one hour.(i kept for two hours)
- after the marination time take the chicken from fridge and add in cornflour and rice flour.mix well
- heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces in batches till crispy and golden brown
- remove the fried pieces on to tissue paper.
- when all pieces are done add curry leaves and green chillies and fry them
- garnish with curryleaves and green chillies.
- serve with sliced onions
- the more you marinate the chicken the more good it is.chicken becomes more juicy
- you can fry garlic along with curry leaves and green chillies.it only increase the flavour:)