Today is a very important day of fasting prior to ramadan..i was thinking what to prepare for "nombtura".Then striked the idea of grilled chicken.It's my husband's all time favourite.My little one love the skin of grilled chicken whenever we buy from outside
It is actually very easy to prepare this grilled chicken.But it takes sometime for marination and cooking.This is the second time i am attempting this preparation..The first time i made whole grilled chicken was 2years back and of course could not post it.This time i got it right too.i used homemade masala powders.That did make a very good difference this time.Masala was well coated on the chicken and was tender and juicy .It tasted perfect!!.I was super excited with the end result:)
1. One whole chicken
- Butter - 2tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1tbsp ( i used kashmiri chilly powder )
- Corriander powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1tsp
- Pepper powder - 1tsp
- Garam masala - 1tsp
- Soyasauce 1tsp
- Sugar - 1/2tsp
- curd - 2tbsp
- lemon juice - 1tbsp
- salt - to taste
- Wash and clean chicken and drain excess water.
- Poke the chicken with knife or fork all over and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add butter and sugar to it.
- mix well and switch off the flame.
- Add all the marinade ingredients to it and mix well.
- Now apply this masala all over the chicken.
- Keep the chicken inthe fridge for minimum 2 hours and more. may be overnight..do not keep the marinated chicken in freezer.
- Take the chicken out.
- Heat a big pan .
- cover and cook the chicken in low flame for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is being cooked preheat the oven at 220 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a baking tray keep an alluminium foil and place the chicken on that.
- Pour the chicken juice that came out while cooking on all over the chicken.
- Now bake the chicken for about 20 minutes.
- When done take the chicken out and pour the juice from the chicken all over again.
- Again keep the chicken back in oven and bake for about another 20 minutes.
- Repeat the same process and bake for another 15-20minutes.
- Now its done
- Garnish and serve hot.
- Enjoyyyyy your grilled chicken with your favouritr dip:)...