This sweet n sour chutney is must for chaat.I often make chaat at home.This sweet chutney has a pretty good shelf life of about one month also.You can make it in bulk and store in refrigerator.This chutney goes well with samosas, pakoras etc.
- dates - 1/2 cup
- tamarind - small ball
- roasted cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
- jaggery - 3 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- water - 1/2 cup
- remove the seeds from dates and chop them
- in a pan add chopped dates, tamarind ,cumin powder, redchilli powder, jaggery, chaat masala and salt along with 1/2 cup water.
- cook covered in low heat for about 15 minutes or until thickened
- when cooled grind into a smooth paste using a mixer
- sweet n sour chutney is ready to serve