We stopped eating pizza outside since more than three years.But very often i crave for pizza.So i started making it at home.And trust me this homemade pizzas are more tastier..and of course healthy too.My husband is not a pizza fan.But he likes this chicken pizza.He suggested that i could have made the pizza base little more thinner.Otherwise it was perfect.Our perfect dinner that day:).I loaded the pizza base with loads of chicken and vegetables.And less cheese.This recipe is slightly adapted from raks kitchen.
to make the pizza base(makes one large pizza)
- all purpouse flour - 1 1/2 cup
- active dry yeast - 1tbsp
- milk - 1/4 cup
- water - 1/4 cup
- olive oil - 1/8 cup
- salt - 3/4 tsp
- sugar - 2 tbsp
for the chicken topping
- boneless chicken - 150 gm(cut into small cubes)
- red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- soya sauce - 1 tbsp
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- curd - 1 tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- onion - 1 medium sized
- tomatoe - 1 medium sized
- capsicum - 1 small
- pizza chesse - 1/2 cup(i used mozarella cheese)
- pizza sauce - 3 tbsp
- italion seasoning to sprinkle on top
- in a wide bowl mix salt sugar olive oil .boil water and add to it and mix well till sugar gets dissolved
- add milk and yeast and keep aside for 10 minutes for yeast to dissolve.
- then mix thoroughly until yeast is well dissolved
- add in flour and mix to form a soft dough
- cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside to let the dough rise for about one and half hour
- mean while make the chicken topping.
- marinate the chicken with the red chilli powder turmeric,pepper powder,soyasauce,gingergarlic paste,salt and curd and keep aside for 15 minutes
- heat a pan and add 1 tbsp oil and cook the marinated chicken.when all the water is evaporated and chicken is cooked switch off flame.
- cut the onion,capsicums,tomato and keep aside
- once the dough is doubled punch down the dough and knead it briefly.
- preheat oven to 210 degrees
- roll the dough into desired thickness for the pizza base.
- then fill the base with pizza sauce.(i dint have pizza sauce . so i used homemade tomato sauce
- then spread chopped onion,capsicum,and tomato on top of that
- then spread cooked chicken pieces
- then cover the vegetables with cheese
- sprinkle italian seasoning on top of that generously
- place the pizza on baking tray and bake at 210 degrees for about 10- 12 minutes
- cool and slice and enjoyyyyyyy:)
Somebody is not able to control herself;)...that's my daughter's little hands hovering over the pizza while i was clicking the pics:)
- you can customize the topping used here.you can try anything like mushroom, paneer,corn etc
- any type of capsicum(bell pepper) can be used.i used red ,yellow and green
- i dint have pizza sauce.so i used tomato sauce.it dint make much difference in taste though.