Yesterday i was very lazy.I wanted to make cinnamon rolls and some cookies which were bookmarked few days ago but didn't get that push from the inside.But when my little one came from school she kept asking for cookies.So i ended up making these gorgeous almond cookies:).
I want to try the whole wheat version of these almond cookies.I often make oatmeal cookies.They are healthy and filling.For a change i tried these almond cookies and it was an instant hit.These almond cookies were mildly sweet, crisp and melted in mouth.My daughter absolutely loved them:)...
Recipe for Almond Cookies
- all purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- almonds - 1/4 cup
- vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
How i made
- preheat oven at 180 degrees
- dry roast the almonds
- when cooled grind them in a mixer into powder
- sift together all purpose flour, baking powder and the powdered almonds and keep aside
- in a bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy
- then add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well
- now add in the flour mixture little by little
- mix the flour to form a soft ball
- take a tablespoon full of dough and shape into cookies
- you can garnish with almonds on top of each cookies
- bake for about 10-12 minutes .
- keep an eye on the cookies after 10 minutes so that they are not burnt.it depends on your oven
- you can use 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk to form the dough if needed.