This is one of the easiest cake recipes i have tried.I saw this recipe in one of my favourite blogger nagalakshmi's blog:)..The other day my sister in law was asking why am i not posting any cake recipes. recently she started baking cakes and muffins.So she wanted me to post new cake recipes so that she can also try them.Then i thought i would post this cake which uses buttermilk.
I made this cake long time back and it was waiting in my draft to get it posted.Its a very easy and tasty cake.My husband is not a "sweet" person.But this one cake he loved it and finished it the same day i made.:).It had a very nice texture and taste.i strongly recommend you all to try this cake...To the recipe.
recipe for onebowl buttermilkcake
- all purpouse flour - 1 cup
- sugar - 2/3cup
- butter - 1/4cup
- egg - 1
- baking powder - 1/2tsp
- baking soda - 1/2tsp
- vanilla extract -1/2tsp
- buttermilk* - 1/2 cup
- tutti frutti - for topping
how to make
- preheat oven to 200 degrees
- in a bowl mix flour baking powder baking soda and sugar
- to this add butter egg vanilla extract and buttermilk
- put everything into an electric blender and blend well
- pour the batter into a greased tin/pan
- sprinkle on top with tutti frutti generously.
- bake for about 25-30 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- for buttermilk i mixed 1/4 cup of curd with 1/4 cup of milk and kept aside for 10 minutes and then used it in mixing.
- electeic beater would be the best to mix the ingredients..but since i din't have one i went with my electric mixer.the texture of the cake was still sooo good.
- u can customize the toppings with nuts,chocolate chips or anything of your choice.