Though i love puddings very much i started making them only after my marriage.I have tried many puddings like dates pudding,coffee pudding,rava coconut pudding etc.But among all i have tried, this bread caramel pudding is my favourite.Its very simple and easy to make but tastes great.we all loved this pudding very much.
i was a little busy while making this so couldn't take step by step pictures.To the recipe
recipe for bread caramel pudding
- bread slices - 2
- egg - 2
- milk - 1 cup
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence - 3/4 tsp
sugar - 2tbsp
how to make
- soak bread pieces in milk and keep aside.
- next we will make the caramel.heat 2tbsp sugar in the pudding mould.when it turns into nice amber colour switch off the flame and swirl and spread the caramel syrup all around the mould and keep aside.
- now in a mixer,add eggs, sugar,vanilla essence and blend well.
- to this add soaked bread milk mixture and blend briefly.
- pour this mixture into the caramelised pudding mould.
- cover the mould with an alluminium foil and prick on top of the foil all over to allow steam to escape
- put the mould in a pressure cooker or steamer
- simmer the flame and steam for about 20-25 minutes
- switch off the flame and allow to cool
- then keep refrigerated for about 2-3 hours or more
- then take from refrigerator and run a knife around the edges of the pudding to loosen it.
- demould it by inverting into the serving plate.
- enjoy this super delicious dessert:)
be careful not to overheat sugar caramel syrup.once it turns nice brown/amber colour switch off the flame or it will taste bitter